Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dizziness And Heart Murmur

Homecoming.

I woke up from a nap of two hours because they are part Tokio Hotel in my ears. Do not even ask me why I have Tokio Hotel on my iPod. Yes, I am ashamed. And that pleased me about waking up everything because it's time to sort my iTunes library. But before I tell you a bit 'of my predicament.
Well, start by saying that this week was Spirit Week . What is Spirit Week? The Spirit Week is the week before the Homecoming Dance. What is the Homecoming Dance? The Homecoming Dance is the first dance of the year, which marks the return to school students and gives them a bit 'of the "spirit" missed school during the summer.
During Spirit Week, students dress in theme with respect to their liking. Let's start by saying that I do not remember the subjects of all classes, so I apologize for the "Lack of information " of this post, but I can tell you with certainty what our seniors have done.
Monday was the "Senior Citizens Day ", which is the day when all the seniors dress up as "old men" and face their near future (yes, it is somewhat 'depressing). I arrived at school Monday morning dressed as a common man because I had not had time to prepare an outfit the day before and I realized that it is the best move you can do wrong during a day of Spirit Week. There were people in wheelchairs and inlaid with sticks in hand, curlers in her hair and robes of the world's most extravagant. Absurd. For some minutes I wondered if they were all crazy (because in Italy, especially in Livy, is something that we would absolutely never), then I realized how much people believed in what he did and what was normal for them.
So I decided to dress the next day, Tuesday, that was the "Throw Back Day " and we seniors we should have to dress like we come from a different era, one without (without the dinosaurs, though). To borrow an outfit from a friend of Melissa Almost Perfect, I became in less than no time slap a hippie and it is useless to say that I received two more "cute" as a response to my decision to participate in the spirit of Irvington. Yes, they're cute. But let's move on.
Wednesday was the "Class T-shirt Day", so it is enough to wear my shirt senior and I was ready. Thursday, however, was the "Senior Day . During the week, each grade had a day (Mon: Juniors; Mar: Sophomores, Wed: Freshmen), or people dress according to the theme of his class, who is also a Pixar cartoon (Juniors: "The Incredibles"; Sophomores: "Up" Freshmen "Monsters & co." ). We Seniors have "Toy Story 3", so it took was a checkered shirt and a Woody doll found in the garage to simulate a fairly respectable outfit. During their day, each class has to prepare a skit or some sort of skit on the board which is the theme of the class, and a dance, or a little choreography. Needless to say that our skit was the best and that our dance was wonderful. Also because all the senior, and I say it all, fell from the stands to dance, so it was really fun.
Friday, however, was the " Unity Day," and we were all dressed in blue or white, or colors of the school and after school we gathered in the gym for the "pep rally ", ergo the usual meeting preceding the dance. During the rally was presented Homecoming Court, that the five nominees for the title of " Homecoming King" and the five nominees for " Homecoming Queen."
But now we come to tell you all what I told you've been waiting for. Yes, the Homecoming Dance . Better known as "the first American dance Francesca . "Or better known as" the first dance ever Francesca. "Needless to say, I was gassed to death. Although the dress was very short and I felt naked, and did not know what to expect from the whole situation . After careful preparation and an excellent selection of jewelry (thanks to Melissa, who is definitely committed more than me), we headed to Rawlins' house, where Mark, the father of Lauren, had prepared a fantastic salmon that we devoured quickly then head to the ball.
And then it happened. I found myself at my first American dance. And it was so weird. Do you remember the millions of Americans told dances in the film? Well, not nearly so. Or at least a little 'it is, but not completely. Let's start by saying that the girls buy shoes for $ 100 and then throw them into the first bag and head for the dance floor completely bare. Now, imagine my face when I am Lauren " not you take your shoes off?" Do you really want to dance in heels three hours? ". Yes, in addition to having shocked by the fact that I wore heels, I shocked myself and I took off my shoes, because all they did. But I did not realize how normal it was not until I set foot in the gym and I realized that a huge mattress covered the entire floor, so that girls could dance barefoot. Are shocked. It was the smartest thing I had ever seen. Yes, gl the Americans are really talented. Then began the dancing. Yes, I danced for three hours straight . And I was not even remotely tired at 10 o'clock when the music is off. And as in all fairy tales, Cinderella has rapid direct home before his carriage turning into a pumpkin. And then she finally returned to a pumpkin (with jeans and a sweater XXXL coordinated with pillow covers), triggering an "Oh!" disappointment of her American mother, who for a while 'having a daughter has enjoyed almost female.
And this was my first dance. Yeah for me.
Yesterday, Saturday, I celebrated the " montiversary . Two months are here. Not flowers, but works fine, thank you.
Last night we went to the game of football dell'Homecoming, when he was crowned the queen. Oops, forgot. At the ball was crowned king, which ended up being Steven, the son of Jenny, my babysitter when Mel and Pat were in Italy. So Hurrah! Steven. After a thrilling defeat, we are comforted by a succession of episodes of Ugly Betty , which always heals everything.
And this was my Spirit Week. I discovered some more 'of my American spirit. And now I feel a little 'one of them and not a "foreign exchange student ".
This week they asked me why I love living here. I never know when they ask me to answer. Because I like everything. I like to wake up and feel the silence around the sound of the horn instead of Piazza Marconi. I Michael likes to sleep in the car while we wait for the bell sounds. PreCalc I like my class and no longer being able to say "square root" in Italian if not, after thinking for a long time. I like to do homework in the library and go home at three. I like the look Glee dinner at six all together. I like to go to sleep and know that I have done things in Italy that I could never do.
I have also asked if I miss my city, my family and my friends. And yes, I said that I miss. But for now I'm working to make me a city, a new family and friends. Consepevole the old ones will always be there, waiting for me.
Work in progress. I'm working for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment