Monday, November 1, 2010

Plackarnia Piotrowice Jankego

Halloween.

Good. It 's time to tell my first Halloween. And hoping intensely, not the last. Needless to say, what in Italy is barbarously called "Halloween," not even remotely close to what actually is Halloween in America. Halloween in the U.S. is like Christmas for us. It 's a sacred holiday. It 'a cult. It 's something that is fully part of American tradition. And yes, even adults dress up. There is no age for the festivities (except for the trick or treating is recommended that until an average age of 18 years, then you're really too old). Needless to say I " caraway" my first pumpkin. That was cool. Carving pumpkins is how to decorate the Christmas tree (do not know why I keep comparing Christmas to Halloween, I'm tired). And it is incredibly easier than I thought it would be. Actually my plan was very simple: two triangles as eyes, nose like a blackbird and a tower for a mouth. But there are people who are seriously committed and there are even competitions for carving, with elaborate designs of bats, witches flying on broomsticks or cats that blacks should lead bad luck.

Sunday evening, we went trick or treating with Michael, Casey, Sarah and Amy, respectively Kermit the Frog, Ms. Piggy, Little Bo Peep and child. What about me? I was a Geisha, for the joy of life (for Carnival next year I promise that we organize ourselves). Ok. Trick or treating is like in the movies. Identically. Fantastic. From house to house to ask for candies until you have a bag full and 500 thousand pounds to be taken in two days later. A cooking class in my partner told me that this tradition "Trick or treating means-candies. Candies are sugar. Sugar is fat. Ame Ricans are fat. That's why Americans love trick or treating. "Pretty self-explainatory, right? Anyway, I also I gained a full Bustone nth power of calories and a closer vision of American houses and tender girls dressed as fairies always receiving twice as many sweets of a Geisha seventeen. Who knows why.

Ops. I forgot. Friday evening, in true Halloween spirit, we went to Oakland, the Paramount Theatre, a place where too much too cool project old movies. We saw Dracula. Original version of the '30s. With Bela Lugosi. Which, by the way, his eyes are more disturbing many / slashes / ridiculous universe. Fantastic. Considering the guy sitting next to Kyle who gave us plastic insects that now lie here beside me, was a rather cool evening.

The Giants just won the World Series. What then, World ... only the United States to play baseball. World but also good. And let's say that I wanted them to win in California after 56 years. Oh yeah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment